First Aid at Work Requalification
This 2-day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
• If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2-day course providing ‘Special considerations’ have been applied
Special considerations are:
• A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating that in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2-day course and does not require a full 3-day FAW course
• A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience* is sufficient to attend a 2-day course
• If the First Aider has lapsed beyond 3 months then they must attend a full 3-day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their requalification before they expire.
A range of subjects are covered including:
• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting • Resuscitation
• Assessment of the situation • Bandaging
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
• Fractures and spinal injuries • Heart attacks
• Choking • Control of bleeding
• Head injuries • Eye injuries
• Poisoning • Chest injuries
• Sprains and strains • Burns
• Asthma • Diabetes
• Epilepsy • Stroke
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your specific needs if you so desire providing it is completed within 6 weeks of starting the course and the training sessions last for a minimum of two hours.
Assessment is on-going by the instructor along with a question paper on each day.
A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course and all learners must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
If hosted at your premises, the cost of the course will be £800 for up to 12 persons.
If attending a course hosted by us, the cost will be £90 per person.
There are no additional costs for VAT on any of our courses.